Why Hire a Residential Electrician?
Benefits of a Specialized Residential Electrician
Even DIYers who gladly take on plumbing, carpentry, or tiling projects will stop short of doing their own electrical work. That’s definitely a smart move. Working with electricity is dangerous so it’s always best to hire a specialized residential electrician. However, safety isn’t the only reason to call on the expertise of an electrician. As electrical contractors since 1995, we wanted to inform you of what a residential electrician does, as well as the benefits of hiring one for your next project.
What is a Residential Electrician?
Residential electricians are highly trained technicians who are responsible for installing and maintaining the wiring and devices that distribute electricity in our homes, apartments, and other buildings. Some of the typical duties and responsibilities of residential electricians are:
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings and blueprints
- Inspecting electrical components to ensure they work correctly and safely
- Installing new wiring, lighting, and other electrical components
- Diagnosing and fixing problems in wiring and electrical systems
- Ensuring homes and buildings are compliant with regulations for electrical systems and safety
What are the Benefits of Hiring a Residential Electrician?
Here are 8 excellent reasons you should hire a residential electrician for your next electrical project or repair.
- Expertise: To become a licensed electrician, you have to go through rigorous training, testing, inspections, and a thorough apprenticeship. If your electrician is licensed, then you can be confident that they have the skills and experience to do the job right.
- Liability: Even when every precaution is taken, things can sometimes go wrong. Your property could be damaged, for example, or the electrician could get injured on the job. Then what? A licensed electrician will have liability insurance, so you won’t have to pay for additional repairs or medical expenses.
- Safety: You know that your licensed residential electrician will be up to date on the latest safety standards, regulations, and codes. It’s the only way they know how to work, and they won’t take shortcuts. This ensures your safety and the safety of your family.
- Surety Bond: With a licensed electrician, you receive a surety bond. What’s that? It’s a promise that you’ll receive a pre-determined sum of money if your electrician does not finish the job for some reason. Either you get a job perfectly done, or you get proper compensation for the inconvenience.
- Proper tools: A residential electrician has access to the proper tools and equipment to get the job done right. This decreases the possibility of damage and also reduces the time it’ll take to complete the job.
- Permits: A licensed electrician is the only professional who can get the required permits needed to do certain types of electrical work. Doing work without permits puts you at risk of your city stopping the project or issuing fines. Plus, if you ever sell your property, you’ll need to disclose the work that was done and show the permits as proof that it was done correctly.
- Expert advice: Your electrician can recommend the most efficient materials, give you advice on how to save energy, and make sure you receive maximum comfort and security at a minimal price.
- Guaranteed work: Any worthwhile residential electrician will guarantee their work. Basically, you can be sure they won’t disappear after they do work for you. If something goes wrong, they’ll be back to fix it. Remember, they want your repeat business and they want you to recommend them to your family and friends. They have every incentive to provide the best customer service possible.
Looking for a Residential Electrician in New York City?
If you’re looking for a residential electrician, speak to the experts at Apollo Electric. We’ve been providing the residents of the five boroughs of New York City with exceptional electrical services since 1995. With Apollo, you can expect fast, reliable service from a professional team of friendly and experienced contractors. Contact Apollo Electric today.